Tuesday 21 January 2020

Self-Indulgent Birthday List #1 - My Favourite 49 Songs EVAH

I'm 49 today so I'm not doing a #400steps update. Instead, bear with me, I've made three lists of my favourite songs, tv shows and films of all time. 49 of each as I'm erm 49 today. Did them off the top of my head - set myself 15 minutes to do it. And already I'm agonising.


My favourite 49 songs of all time.

1.       Walk Away Renee – Four Tops

2.       Temptation – New Order

3.       I’ve Been Waiting For You – Pixies

4.       Youth Against Fascism – Sonic Youth

5.       Girls of Summer – Arab Strap

6.       The Fall of Troy – Tom Waits

7.       Something on Your Mind – Karen Dalton

8.       Real Love – Big Thief

9.       Let’s Pretend – Tindersticks

10.   Send in the Clouds – Silver Jews

11.   Holes – Mercury Rev

12.   Rebel Without A Cause – Public Enemy

13.   4th Chamber – Genius/GZA

14.   Always on my Mind – Willie Nelson

15.   Harry Irene – Captain Beefheart

16.   Fantasy Island – Tight Fit

17.   Scarlet Beautiful – Beloved

18.   Left to my Own Devices – Pet Shop Boys

19.   Rock & Roll – Velvet Underground

20.   I Don’t Know Why – Stevie Wonder

21.   We Have All The Time in the World – Louis Armstrong

22.   Ice Hockey Hair – Super Furry Animals

23.   War of Nerves – All Saints

24.   Stronger – Sugababes

25.   Down Down – Status Quo

26.   Drive-In Saturday – David Bowie

27.   Racing in the Street – Bruce Springsteen

28.   Kinky Afro – Happy Mondays

29.   Tell Me That It Isn’t True – Bob Dylan

30.   Blindness – The Fall

31.   So You’ll Aim Towards the Sky – Grandaddy

32.   California Soul – Marlena Shaw

33.   Unfinished Sympathy – Massive Attack

34.   What Time is Love – KLF

35.   Ibithaj - Rapsody

36.   Dirty Epic – Underworld

37.   Wild Night – Van Morrison

38.   I Gave You – Bonnie Prince Billy

39.   212 – Azalea Banks

40.   Video Games – Lana Del Rey

41.   Life in a Glasshouse – Radiohead

42.   A Day in the Life – Beatles

43.   Surf’s Up – Beach Boys

44.   You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC

45.   Head Over Heels – ABBA

46.   Maps – Yeah Yeah Yeahs

47.   Lazy Line Painter Jane – Belle and Sebastian

48.   Moments of Pleasure – Kate Bush

49.   The Only Living Boy in New York – Simon and Garfunkel

No comments:

Post a Comment